Tuesday, January 22, 2008

This is Not Good.


I went to turn our fountain off at the light switch in our entry hall the other evening, and realized it wasn't even running. I went outside and this is what I saw, (except the fountain was still plugged in.)

Photobucket

I called out to Brewier telling him I think we've had a little fire, ( trying to sound calm, because electrical things freak me out a bit.) He came out and started to pull the plug out of the socket, because the switch was turned off, and there shouldn't be any power to it, besides the fact that the breaker should have kicked when the socket shorted out. Except NONE OF THOSE THINGS HAPPENED and the wires were still hot, so flames and sparks were shooting out of the socket! This is what the fountain plug now looks like,

Photobucket

all black and melting with one prong totally burned off. Nope, this is not good.

No comments: