Tuesday, September 04, 2007

The First Day of School.


Growing up in the northeast, the day after labor day was always the first day of school. The mornings were chilly and I would need a sweater, a few trees would be starting to show their fall colors, a change of season was in the air .I would come home and my Mom would have fresh baked cookies or bread waiting as a snack. It was so Martha Stewart.
In contrast, Florida schools start classes in early August. Yes, lets put kids on un-airconditioned buses during the hottest part of the year. I'll stop there. You really don't want to get me started on goverment run schools. While going through my closets I came across this drawing I did in kindergarten. I remember drawing it. Its of a bear being attacked by bees, because he wanted their honey.
The second picture is of my first day of first grade......see my oh so cool, "Mystery Date," lunch box?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: