Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Rainy Days, Ahhh.


This afternoon while Sam and Gregory were over it started to storm....a really good thunder and lightning, sheets of rain, kind of storm. This had a very calming effect on the normally rambuncous boys. They sat in silence for about 30 minutes playing with Legos. I was able to take a 5 minute nap....practiaclly a bonafide miracle. After my short snooze I was informed by Sam that rainy afternoons mean we have to drink hot chocolate and build forts; that sounded pretty good to me. I whipped out some sheets for forts and a few packets of Swiss Miss. The fort was built in my bedroom and working out just fine for them, until Sammy got the grand idea that my shower would be an even better fort. He put a blanket on the floor, threw in some pillows, the Lego bin and half a box of tissues from the box next to my bed. Gregory wanted his own, "personal space," (Sams termanology, not mine,) too. Seeing as how he loves being in my closet anyway, (its where I hide their birthday presents,) we made that into his fort. He took the rest of the box of tissues and dumped them in my hamper, because if Sam had them, then he must need them too. They had a great time playing, and I was able to do laundry!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: