Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Oy vey!


I don't even know where to begin. You know how lots of little things happen, nothing terrible, just little annoyance's that when grouped together make you want to sit in your safe little house and hide from the world. Yeh, thats been my day. It started last night when the power went out around 10:30. Not out all at once but, off,on...off, on....off, on, then OFF! I reported the outage to the elecric company and after awhile went out side to see how vast the darkness was, and to see if any of my neighbors were out.....in my mind a power outage is a good time to visit and hang out with neighbors, eat all the ice cream in the freezer, and talk about how our country is going to hell in a handbasket. Hmmph. No neighbors. So I turn to go back in the house and I hear, "Miss Tricia!"
It was Olivia and the rest of the Nix's driving around and checking out the outage. They live two blocks away and had power, but did celebrate the late night occurence with a trip to Dunkin Donuts for coffee and donuts. See, they know how to live. Anyway I visited them for awhile, then went inside all the while knowing as soon as I went to sleep the power, (and lights and computers and printers,) would kick back on waking me up. I gave it a try and don't you know as soon as I dozed off thats exactly what happened, jarring me awke. So I was up until 2am. Brewier was up at 5am and though he is very quite, I still didn't really go back to sleep so at 7:30 I got up.
Allison and I had plans to go to the new cupcake store, and we did. But I'll tell you about that tomorrow. Today I vent about nearly getting side swipped by cars twice in 20 minutes. The first was in my neighborhood. I was at a four way stop and the man on my left was turning towards me, but looking a whole other direction and came millimeters from ramming right into me. I pulled my car on to the curb to miss him. Then a guy in a pickup not paying attention ran through a stop light again, missing me by mere inches. By this time I was surprised I hadn't had a heart attack but my adrenaline was definitly used up.
My destination was the library and I arrived unscathed. I returned my books and headed for home. Thats when a woman in a brand new BMW pulled out of a parking lane and right into my car, pushing me a few feet and messing up the back fender of my car. The first words out of her mouth were, "I don't want to file this with my insurance." I was just happy she spoke english and had insurance.
The thing is, almost everytime I go out, these near accident kind of thing happens. People just aren't paying attention, and I think Brewier is right when he says most people out there are medicated. So thats my traumatic day. Lots of other little things happened, but I'm tired of typing and I'm sure you're tired of reading.
One last thing. I was freezing yesterday and sat huddled witht he heat on. Its 95 sweltering degrees out today. Oy vey.

No comments: