Thursday, April 26, 2007

Bikini Wax....or, I Hope Four Year Old Eva Isn't Scarred for Life.


My dear friend Renee, does my bikini wax for me. I remember when Sara, who is now 17, was just a year old and first witnessed the torture of the bikini wax. She started screaming, "Noooooo!" Began crying and tried to get Renee to stop, then ran from the room. Thankfully, she has no memory of this.
Today I was having coffee at Renees, and told her I had my wax heating; would she mind coming to my house to wax me. So she, Olivia and Eva came over as well as my Mom, (we were going to go shopping) and gee, Meg was there too, because everybody wants an audience for something like this. So we are all in my bedroom and I'm in a thong, which Eva finds hilarious, and well you know, there is prep work before you wax. First you must trim, and then oil, so your skin doesn't tear off with the wax. And then there is the whole lying on the bed spread eagle, while being coated in molten wax. At this point Olivia is off in the family room, deciding she didn't need to see such things, but everyone else is still observing the process, including Eva, who is telling Renee, "No! Don't do this!" I tell Eva that its ok, I want her mommy inflicting pain upon me, so she sits on the bed next to me and pats my arm telling me, "Its alwight Fwisha, (she can't say her "tr" sound which was pretty funny when they got a new truck and she wanted to tell everybody about it.)
Anyway, Renee puts down the first strip of hot wax.....wax I bought and she's never used before.....wax that I did not give very clear directions on how to use. She goes to rip the strip of wax off, only it doesn't come off, it is firmly adhered to my skin and hair in places that are rather delicate. Renee is apologizing profusely, Eva is looking concerned, and I'm laughing, because it is kind of funny. So 20 minutes later, with the help of a blow dryer, some oil and tedious removing of wax that is only coming off in small bits, our waxing day comes to a halt. Did I mention what a good friend Renee is?
Before Renee and her girls left, I invited Eva to my house next week so we could bake cupcakes together; she was very excited about that, so later when David gets home Renee says to Eva, "Tell Daddy about Miss Tricia."
Forget the cupcakes, Eva starts to pantomime, on herself, the whole waxing process. The trimming, the waxing, the picking off off wax, everything. David watches then looks at Renee and asks, "Honey, is there something you want to tell me?" Hahahahaha! Yep, really good friends. And you didn't think I'd post this did you Renee? I have no shame.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Oh. My. Gosh. Crying here. I think this totally trumps my Nair story. :)