Tuesday, March 06, 2007

A Television Dream


Now this may sound contradictory after yesterdays rant about television, but I do watch tv and I use it to fall asleep on occaision more than I would like. Last night was one of those nights. Megans boyfriend came over just as I was getting ready to go to bed, and he was wearing freshly washed clothes. You wouldn't think this would be a problem but because all the degerent manufacturers continually chage and amp up there fragrence, my home was soon filled with the scent of his detergent and the anaphylaxis kicked in. Not being able to breathe can really hinder ones ability to sleep, so I turned on the tv in my bedroom to keep my mind off my symptoms and to help me relax. Normally I turn the tv off as I start to feel myself drift off. Last night I must have fallen asleep pretty quickly because the tv soon became part of my dreams only I didn't know I was dreaming.....I hate when that happens. Anyway in my dream I kept trying to turn off the tv. I'd push the off button on the remote and the tv would go off, then a few minutes later it would be on again! This happened several times. Then it got to the point where the off button wouldn't turn the tv off, so I got up and tried to turn it off with the power button on the set....it still wouldn't turn off, so I unplugged it. It was still on. This is where I started FREAKING OUT because my television was possesed. I was in a panic and ran to get Brewier to kill the tv.......then I woke up. And the tv was on, (heart starts pounding,) so I pick up the remote and trepidaciously pushed the power button, and the tv wouldn't turn off.
Just kidding, it turned off and stayed off and I realized that the tv was keeping me from falling into a deep sleep.

No comments: