Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Go Fly a Kite.


While the rest of the country is freezing cold and dealing with snow and ice, we've been having some really beautiful 80 degree weather. Some of our days have been pretty breezy, perfect for kite flying. I bought Brewier and I super deluxe, grown up kites at Costco, his was a biplane, mine had two strings to fly it by....fancy! "Brewier, this will be fun! Really!" I told him as we spent 20 minutes reading the directions and putting our kites together. We walked the kites out into the middle of a field, the whole time fighting to keep them from taking off into the wind, which you think would be a sign of how easy these things would be to fly. We both struggled for another 20 minutes trying to get or kites off the ground, but to no avail. I thought it was pretty funny. Brewier was not amused, so Sunday I drug him back to the toy section of Walmart to find a cheapo kite, because I'v never had trouble flying those. I found a $3 Spiderman kite and Brewier found a big airplane glider, that he said he would enjoy more than a kite. As soon as we get some rain to clear the air a bit, I'm going to shanghai Brewier and take him out to play at the park wiwth our new toys.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: