Sunday, July 16, 2006

My Cricket Lamp.


When I was young my grandfather, through some wheeling and dealing, acquired this lamp, (it was originally an oil lamp,) he was always going to flea markets, buying and trading antiques. I thought it was so cool, and when I spent the night at my grandparents, I would sleep on the sofa next to the lamp, reading and talking to my grandma by its light before going to sleep. I have many fond memories of it. I went to visit my grandfather in PA last November, and he stil had the cricket lamp. I told my aunt I would like to buy it, (as she had bought some antiques from her dad.) She said she'd take care of it. My grandfather died a few weeks later, and I was resigned to the fact I wouldn't ever see the lamp again. Earlier this year my Mom was talking to my aunt, and she told my mom she had put the lamp aside for me, I was so excited! I recieved it earlier this month, and everytime I see it I'm reminded of my grandparents, and the fun times I had with them.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: