Tuesday, November 01, 2005

My First Halloween.


Last night while sitting outside handing out halloween candy and glow sticks, I told Megan about my first halloween. I wasn't in kindergarten yet so I must have been 4, and yes I remember this event happening. I went out trick or treating with my friend Colleen and her older sister who was in charge of taking care of us while we were out. We were having a great time, and almost back to Colleens house, when her sister met up with some friends and went off with them telling us we could make it home by ourselves. I remember being afraid. It was dark and we were walking through yards trying to find our way home, when 2 big boys jumped out from some bushes, pushed us down, tore our halloween bags from our hands and ran off. We were terrified and cried all the way home. The next day, after hearing what happened to us, the neighborhood kids all chipped in some of their candy so we wouldn't be without.

No comments: