Monday, August 22, 2005

Moonlight Paddle.


Friday night was Gregs monthly Moonlight Paddle, where he takes people out on some local lakes to canoe and kayak, and watch the full moon rise. Then he sets up a meal on an island and everyone sits around visiting. I've been wanting to do this for months, but something always came up. Despite the fact it was raining Friday evening, Brewier and I went ahead and joined Gregs group of adventurers. This was not to be like his other months, because while the lake is normally empty, that night a bass tournament was starting, and the island had a bunch of drunk rednecks with a cannon shooting off homade cannonballs, . Oh, and Brewier and I hadn't canoed for a long time. All I'm saying about that is, next time we go, I want a kayak. It was fun looking into all the mansions on the lake, one was set up for a big outdoor party, with music and a tent. I found it sad though that during that fancy party, the BIG screen tv was on. Cut the cord people. We ended up having our meal at the park where we put the canoes in and by that time the rain had stopped. I tried taking pictures of the moon, but because I don't have a tripod they came out blurry:( The funniest part of the trip was Gauk, who was wearing this hat to keep the rain off.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: