Thursday, December 02, 2004

The Vain Event.


Today I called in sick, telling Melissa I couldn't watch the boys. Brewier stayed home too, not feeling well. Despite feeling yucky I had to return a sweater to TJmax, my refund time was up. I returned my sweater, did a little shopping and headed to my beloved little car. Next to me was parked a shiny black SUV and in was a noncreepy normal kind of guy of about 50. As I am unlocking my car door he shyly says to me, "I hope you don't mind me saying this....." and I know he is going to say he likes my car. I hear that all the time. I look at him and say, "Yes?" He totally surprises me and says, "You are absolutely gorgeous."
I am in total shock and manage a quiet thank you, but as I drive off I was near tears, because of the compliment. My day year has been made. This now replaces the "being carded when I was 38," as my top ego stroking moment.

No comments: