Saturday, October 02, 2004

No Hurricane This Weekend!


For the first time in 6 weeks we are not preparing for or living through a hurricane during the weekend. There is dancing in the streets. Really. It is our neighborhood picnic today and the dj is blasting tunes.
Meg and I went out to garage sales this morning but didn't find much, so we went to the Winter Park farmers market instead, where we ate over priced pastries and people watched. We went into one of the dress shops on Park ave. where we had a totally Pretty Woman experience. The young woman working there, (dressed in an evening gown?!) never acknowledged us, despite us standing right next to her. I even tried to make eye contact ; she looked away. It was strange and made us laugh. I don't run into snooty sales help often, but when I do I just want to go up to them and say, "You're the one working.

No comments: