Friday, June 04, 2004

A Kid In A Candy Store!


Or ...me in Sephora. Sarah was over yesterday and Meg and I decided to take her to our favorite Indian resteraunt which is conveniently located just a few miles from the Florida Mall. Despite many trips to this resteraunt, and other forays into that part of Oralndo, it has been 10 years since I went to the Florida Mall.....it is tourist central. After our delicious lunch, we headed to the mall for the sole reason of going to Sephora. A store laden with products promising me the miracle of beauty. I'll take it all.
Actually, while fun to think about a miracle happening, with age comes the wisdom, (and the wrinkles,) to know that while these products and makeup are so fun to play with, nothing other than surgery will achieve the desired effect. But hey, a new tube of lipstick is a great mood booster!
While visiting pt*:) I saw she also wrote about beauty product promises and things she would like to change about her appearence. Yes we are a world obsessed. So here is my list:
-I would like to have a defined jaw line...this has bothered me since I was a child.
-I would like to have nice skin. I have never had clear skin, and now it is all so very sundamaged. People of Swedish decent do not belong in Florida no matter how much sunscreen they use.
- A brow lift would be wonderful, maybe people would stop asking me why I am frowning/angry.
_pt*:), I'll take some of your beautiful hawaiian hair
_ the magic weight loss pill would be nice too, oh and put everything back where it used to be.
_ Unlike pt*), I like my feet. They are one of my best features that I am always getting compliments on. Really, strangers, my doctor, friends, all tell me I have pretty feet.
Now to end this post,
Charm is deceptive, and beauty fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Proverbs 31:30

No comments: